Coach Gayle Coats Fulks of Davidson College talks about gaining buy-in from her new team at a program that had not seen a lot of recent success.
- Is it important to you that your team “buys-in”?
- Is it important to your players that they “buy-in”?
- What does buy-in look like to you or to your players?
- Are there different levels of what it looks like?
- When did your team feel like they were bought in?
- When did you feel like your team bought in this season?
- Why did they choose to get on board?
- What were some strategies you used?
- Was there a time that you thought you might not get what you were looking for?
- Was there a time that you thought you might lose what you worked hard to achieve?
It won’t happen over night. It’s a process that takes time, effort, and consistency. Do you have a philosophy that you can buy into yourself? Are you passionate about it? Are you so passionate about it that every one knows it’s your philosophy without you even having to say it? Can you hold people accountable even when it seems like it’s not working?